Skip to main content

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Psalms 37:25

25I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

When you are going through the trails and storms of life most times you feel as if you are in it all by yourself. This is especially true when you are a Christian, because we are charged to live by the spirit to not gratify the desires of a sinful nature.

Many of you have been running for Jesus a long time. You have come a long ways from where you started from. The road hasn’t been easy. You have been through some difficult situations. You’ve been through some pretty turbulent storms along life’s road. But you can identify with what I am saying, “You have come too far from where I started from.” Nobody told you that the road would be easy. But look where you started from, and look where you are today!

No matter what you are going through, I do not believe He brought you this far, just to leave you now! In the book of Exodus we find the children of Israel being led out of Egypt’s bondage to the Promised Land. Pharaoh had placed such grievous bondage upon them that they cried out to God for deliverance. God sent Moses to be their deliverer. The day came for their departure from Egypt. What a glorious day! To leave behind all their slavery and servitude!

But they came to the Red Sea! There was no way across. Pharaoh had changed his mind about allowing them to go free, and he was after them. Like sitting ducks with no defense, it looked like their doom was sealed.

If Pharaoh caught up with them, they knew he would certainly make life miserable for them. But I can just visualize old Moses, standing up to comfort the people. He had just heard from God! I know the Bible doesn’t record this, but he may have said, “Now, children! Just calm down! Don’t get all frightened and horrific on me now. I don’t believe He brought us this far, just to leave us.” He may have said, “We’ve already come too far from where we started from.”

May I remind you this day, that you are going to face those Red Sea experiences, where you have no place to go, and satin is on your trail hot and heavy. Mountains of difficulty may be on both sides of you. The sea of obstruction may be in front of you. The enemy of destruction may be behind you. Your earthly enemies may be celebrating your set back. But do you believe that He brought you this far, just to leave you now?

Look what He has already brought you through! Has Jesus ever forsaken you? Has He ever failed you? Has He ever left you all alone? Jesus said, “I will not leave you comfortless. For I will pray to the Father and He shall send you another comforter which shall abide with you forever.”

I do not believe He’s brought me this far, just to leave me now! He loves me too much to leave me! Nothing shall be able to separate me from the love of God.
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

I know that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What an assurance! What confidence! What a certainty! What reliance! What a security! That means we can go on with life knowing that God is with us, no matter what may come my way. That means that even though I walk through the very shadow of death, He is with us. His rod and His staff will comfort us!

He hasn’t left you today! It may feel like He has, but be rest assured He is right there beside you, walking every step of the way. There may be times when you see just one set of footprints in the sands of life, but be rest assured those are the times when He has picked you up and is carrying you through those hard times.

In the midst of your test or your trial, what are you looking at? If you’re looking at anything besides Jesus you are blocking the way for him to help you and put you over. You need to ask the savior to help you, comfort strengthen and keep you. Jesus is willing to aid you. I know that Jesus will carry you through. I’m so glad today that trouble does not last always, but if it does I know that God is always with me and I am not alone. Amen.

By: Elder Michael L. Hargett
Copyright 2008 © MinTech, Inc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Truly Giving Thanks”

Monday, November 23, 2009 Colossians 3:17 “Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Truly Giving Thanks! I hear people proclaim that they thank God for this and thank God for that and I often wonder do they really mean what they say? Do folk really thank God for waking up in the morning? Do folk truly thank God for use of their right mind? Do folk really praise Him they way he deserves to be praised? For me, I believe most people say it because it has become custom and ritual rather than meaningful. Evident by the way most folk who proclaim these things live their lives. Actions speak louder than words! Folk say they thank God yet they do not live for him. For example, ever seen an award show and a popular performer receives a Grammy. They often begin their acceptance remarks by saying “First, I give honor to God.” But the recording and video they performed represente

WAKE UP

Monday, October 12, 2009 Acts 12:5-11 5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 8 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. 9 And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. 10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on

“SPEND - SPEND - SPEND”

ISAIAH 55:1-4 1 "Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink, even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk, it's all free! 2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. 3 "Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David. 4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations. I cannot believe what Christmas is turning into. Stores were open on Thanksgiving Day, Decorations were up in October! All of this in an effort to entice us to spend, spend, and spend! Yet there are people spiritually thirsty and dying of spiritually malnutrition. Nothing offered on sale can ever compare to what God has to offer us. SALVATION! People are out there looking for hap