Skip to main content

Give Your Anxiety to Him 030909

1 Peter 5:6-7

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

I am in the midst of transitioning from a military career of over 25 years. I am retiring in June. With the Lord’s blessing, I have worked my way through the ranks and have achieved a position and education that I never dreamed of. I am also building a computer recycling and web hosting business. The business is not making a profit right now, but we are growing. My wife, Cheryl is pregnant and we are expecting our fifth child in May, just a month before I retire. Naturally, I have been a little troubled with my transition. But God has me walking above my worries and troubles just as Peter was walking above the rough seas. But like Peter I began feeling a little anxiety beginning to blow all around me and my worries began to set in.

A few weeks ago, I prayed to God and asked why did the economy have to tank now? I have sent out many resumes and have had no replies. Like Peter, I begin to doubt. Walking above my worries, I quickly began to sink into them. But, I heard the spirit of the Lord say…. Wait. And I felt him reach down and pull me up. Oh ye of little faith! My faith is little? Oh yeah! All I need is a mustard seed of faith! No worries, right? My God! Show me something! Then I heard the Lord say again, WAIT!

Later that same week, I met with my Pastors. It is always special when I have an opportunity to meet with such a great man and woman of God. During our meeting, Pastor Patricia asked how my job search was coming. After telling them, she simply said “It will be hard for you to work under someone after being the leader for so long.” “Wait on the Lord!” There it was again! God was telling me to wait. Wait for what? OK Lord I am waiting. Wait…. WAIT! Just as important, my Pastors where praying for me and lifting me up before the Lord even in the midst of my personal anxiety they were praying for me and not just my Pastors. Later that evening I talked with my Mother after and she told me that she was praying for me too. She said “Son, why would God leave you now?” The word of the God tells us that the prayers of the righteous avails much.

Now check this out! The following Monday, I received a phone call from an employer that wanted to interview me after reviewing my resume on the internet somewhere. I went in for a job interview and they made me an offer on the spot to start next week. But God was not done yet. Another company called and I did a phone interview with them. I will be leaving home in a few hours for a face to face interview later this morning. They are offering more money and a better benefits package than the first company. As such, Cheryl would be able to stay home with Mike Jr. as long as she wants! (Another prayer answered!) Next a fellow minister who works for a major company has move out of state and recommended me for his position. And yes, that company wants to interview me too. After telling them that I already had offers. They indicated that they could match or beat any compensation package others had made. O.K. God! I am waiting! (SHOUT!)

On top of all these blessings, a bank has offered my business partners and me a loan to purchase a building and equipment we need to expand and become profitable next year! (SHOUT!) (SHOUT!) (SHOUT!) Can God get a Praise this morning! (SHOUT!) Not only did God show up but he is showing out! I just thank God that I can give up my anxieties and my worries to him. I am blessed to have praying Pastors and a praying family. I thank God for my Pastors and my beloved Mother and Sister in New Jersey who are always tuned in to my state of being and always offering encouraging words and prayers.

In short, whatever you are going through. Whatever has you distracted and not focused on Jesus. Give it up to God! 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxieties on him because he cares for you. God will work it out! It may not always be what you want but it will always be what you need. Eyes have not seen. Ears have not heard and no man can comprehend what God has for those who trust and love him. I have been faithful in God with a few things and now he is blessing me with the choice of employment and the growth of my own business. My God! And the best is yet to come! JUST WAIT! Thank you Jesus! (SHOUT!) Have a blessed week in the name of the Jesus! AMEN!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Truly Giving Thanks”

Monday, November 23, 2009 Colossians 3:17 “Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Truly Giving Thanks! I hear people proclaim that they thank God for this and thank God for that and I often wonder do they really mean what they say? Do folk really thank God for waking up in the morning? Do folk truly thank God for use of their right mind? Do folk really praise Him they way he deserves to be praised? For me, I believe most people say it because it has become custom and ritual rather than meaningful. Evident by the way most folk who proclaim these things live their lives. Actions speak louder than words! Folk say they thank God yet they do not live for him. For example, ever seen an award show and a popular performer receives a Grammy. They often begin their acceptance remarks by saying “First, I give honor to God.” But the recording and video they performed represente

WAKE UP

Monday, October 12, 2009 Acts 12:5-11 5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 8 And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. 9 And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. 10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on

“SPEND - SPEND - SPEND”

ISAIAH 55:1-4 1 "Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink, even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk, it's all free! 2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. 3 "Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David. 4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations. I cannot believe what Christmas is turning into. Stores were open on Thanksgiving Day, Decorations were up in October! All of this in an effort to entice us to spend, spend, and spend! Yet there are people spiritually thirsty and dying of spiritually malnutrition. Nothing offered on sale can ever compare to what God has to offer us. SALVATION! People are out there looking for hap